Monday, February 28, 2011

Not So Original Recipes...

I love to cook... and I love cookbooks! I love to flip through them and find simple recipes that sound delicious...then I try out these little gems on my family to see if I should serve the dish again, or throw the dish and the recipe out with the trash :) Oh how I wish I was one of those women who know just what ingredients go together to make incredible original dishes for their family....but I'm not! So I am a second hand chef, borrowing recipes from great cookbooks, or from family and friends. And I love to share great recipes as much as I like to borrow them, so I will share the great ones here :)

Here's a super simple recipe for Berry Cookie Cobbler, borrowed from a friend...Delicious!! Enjoy :)

Berry Cookie Cobbler
1 bag (about 12 ounces) frozen mixed berries, thawed
1 container (21-ounce) apple pie filling
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 roll (18-ounce) prepared sugar cookie dough
Vanilla ice cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, mix berries, apple filling, sugar, and cinnamon. Transfer fruit mixture to an 8 by 8 by 2-inch baking dish.

Crumble cookie dough over fruit, covering thickly and completely. Bake uncovered until cookie crust is golden and crisp, and juices bubble thickly, about 45 minutes.

Serve warm with ice cream.



No comments:

Post a Comment